Cities are humanity's future, and our goal at Lumatic is to make them easier to love by building smartphone applications that enable mobility and delight. Specifically, our mission is to rethink the way we view maps with an approach that is tailored for smartphones from the ground up by integrating bird's eye view navigation with photos and landmarks that appeal to human curiosity, social behavior and visual cognition.
We're looking for a creative and knowledgeable software developer to work full time in our San Francisco offices leading the research and development of the algorithms that drive our back-end services. Your primary responsibilities will be to maintain and extend our existing suite of back-end API calls for multi-modal routing, directions, search, and street-view rendering. This is a position that will require the ability to work mostly independently to rapidly transform ideas and requirements into mathematically and computationally elegant solutions.
- Solid understanding in core principles of computer science with experience designing efficient low-level data structures and algorithms.
- Very strong knowledge of C++, including template metaprogramming.
- Ability to quickly learn and develop code in unfamiliar domains.
- Masters degree in Computer Science.
- PhD in Computer Science with a focus in an algorithmically-oriented sub-field such as graphics, computer vision, natural language processing, or artificial intelligence.
- Experience in transformation matrices and projective geometry.
- Experience in graphics / game engine design looked upon favorably.
- Experience in numerical optimization.
- Experience in Bayesian statistics.
- Experience in graph traversal algorithms.
- Experience in natural language processing.
- Experience in computer graphics.
- Experience in computer vision.
Why You'll Love This Job
- We believe in what we do. A lot. We think you will too.
- You'll have the freedom to find creative solutions to interesting and challenging computational problems.
- You'll be helping to create software with concrete, real-world applications.
- You'll get to work in a fun startup environment with reasonable hours. We value a well-rounded lifestyle outside of the workplace as well.
- Flexible vacation policy & solid/competitive benefits package.
Lumatic is a funded startup with locations in San Francisco and Singapore on a mission to make the world's cities easier to love. If you believe in loving the journey, taking risks in the pursuit of awesomeness and aiming for big impact, we're looking for you.
To Apply: Send your resume and any code samples/ github links to jobs @ lumatic dot com